Omnipotent: Meaning of Omnipotent is all-powerful; almighty; unlimited in power & ability; one who is able in every respect and for every work. A supernatural being who can create worlds.
Omnipotence is attributed to God who is considered all-powerful & has created all universes. It also refers that God is supreme & is having power over all things.
Omnipotence is also the attribute of God which describes his ability to do whatever He wills. No one or no force or happening can frustrate or prevent God from accomplishing his designs. God's power is sufficient to fulfill all his purposes and promises, including his promise of eternal life for all who obey him.
The term Omnipotent has been used to connote a number of different positions in regard to God. These positions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- God is able to do anything that is logically possible for it to do.
- God is able to do anything that it chooses to do.
- God is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of God's nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie).
- Hold that it is part of God's nature to be consistent and that it would be inconsistent for God to go against its own laws unless there was a reason to do so.
- God is able to do anything that is with its world plan.
- God is able to do absolutely anything, even the logically impossible.
Bhagwat Gita also talks about God to be Omnipotent. Below are some verses regarding that:
"namah purastad atha prsthatas te
namo ’stu te sarvata eva sarva
sarvam samapnosi tato ’si sarvah" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter 11- verse 40)
"Arjuna said to Lord Sri Krishna: Obeisance's to You from the front, from behind and from all sides! O All powerful, You are the master of Limitless might! You are all-pervading, and thus You are everything!"
"yad aditya-gatam tejo
jagad bhasayate ’khilam
yac chandramasi yac chagnau
tat tejo viddhi mamakam" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Fifteen verse 12)
"Lord Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, The splendor of the sun, which dissipates the darkness of this whole world, comes from Me. And the splendor of the moon and the splendor of fire are also comes from Me."
"bijam mam sarva-bhutanam
viddhi partha sanatanam
buddhir buddhimatam asmi
tejas tejasvinam aham" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Seven verse 10)
"Lord Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, know that I am the original seed of all existences, the intelligence of the intelligent, and the prowess of all powerful men."
"yo mam evam asammudho
sa sarva-vid bhajati mam
sarva-bhavena bharata" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Fifteen verse 19)
"Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, Whoever knows Me as the All powerful Supreme God, without doubting, is the knower of everything. He therefore engages himself in full devotional service to Me."
Bible also says:
"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."